Sunday, February 12, 2012

Spring Chick Challenge (SCC) Week Six Challenge Update:
1.       Commit to a NSV (non scale victory) to be assessed at the start and the conclusion of the challenge.   My size 14 jeans I currently wear will be loose and falling off!  I will be wearing a size 12!!
Things are fitting about the same.  This week I have been a little bloated due to TOM, but I am hoping for a great loss next week.  I gained a pound this week and I am ready to shed it!!

2.       Commit to a set of nutrition parameters and track via MyFitnessPal
o        I will aim for 1200/day and adjust according to my exercise  tracking via MyFitnessPal (add me as your friend—ambreee)
o        I will drink at least 64 oz of water a day.
I had a few great days with eating, and some terrible days like today.  I was out of control!!!  Too much sugar, too many carbs, too out of control!!  But here is the good news, I actually tracked my whole terrible day (over 2000 calories!)  So I am back to the grindstone in the morning!  I did do great on my water though.  I think I may have even hit that goal 100%

3.       Commit to a set of exercise parameters. These can be as loose or as flexible as you feel work for your personality, schedule, etc.
o        I will exercise 4 times a week at least 45 minutes a session
I was having some real terrible emotional issues this week.  I was battling with myself to make good choices and exercise was one of them.  I made it to the gym twice, one really awesome work out and one really short work out due to my kids acting up in the childcare and me getting called back to take them out.  I think we are on the upswing with my kids, myself and my husband being sick.  My son finally cut a tooth we have been waiting on.  We only have one more to go and he will have most of his basic baby teeth.  Thank goodness because teething turns my sweet boy into a nightmare who doesn’t nap!

4.       Commit to blogging at least twice weekly and 1 of those times must be you check in with a complete up date on your progress. All other blogs could include new insights, results of weekly challenges, or just letting others know how you are doing.
I haven’t done any additional blogging this week.  I am hoping that will change too.  I just have been struggling and I haven’t really wanted to do much of anything.  I think I am doing better and I am keeping a very detailed “behavior log” This is where I am writing down every detail of my day.  In the first column I am writing my action: eating, sleeping, how my body is feeling, etc.  The second column is a comment on how I feel, or my reaction to what I ate, or just more details. 
I am looking for patterns in my eating behavior.  I have been really moody and emotional lately and I would like to see if I can find any patterns.  I guess I already know that sugar and lack of sleep contribute to my moodiness, I just would like to log it all on paper for a little while.  I am aiming for a week of detailed logging, then I will go from there.  Right now I am on day three.

5.       Commit to support... both giving and receiving. Check others blogs and comment as you feel motivated to do. 
I have read many of your blogs, and have commented on some.  I have cut back on commenting as well, but again I hope to get back in to that as well.
Week 7 Goals
  • Are you keeping them the same...?  Yes, for today I will be keeping my goals the same.
  • Are you switching it up? I will be soon, but I am working on getting things in order at home.
  • What has become like a habit?  Water!!! Yeah for being hydrated.
MINI CHALLENGE.... Eat with smaller platers and/or utensils....

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so week 6 wasn't perfect. Now we just look forward and make week 7 better! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always forward... You CAN AND WILL have a better week this week. Take a couple minutes and plan. You can do that for yourself. It's allowed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know where you came up short and it sounds as if you have a plan. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amber, great reflections and goals. We are buddies for the challenge (sorry I have been MIA for the last week but I'm back and will be catching up on your blog today) You are on a great track and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete