- Best moment...? When my husband called in sick. I know sounds crazy, but I could hardly lift my own arms, let alone my kids. He was sick too, but he was able to rest and care for the kids, as I laid dead to the world.
- Not so great moment....? See above.
- Any funny stories...? none.
- Are you where you hoped you would be in this journey? No, I want to be well! And truly break my pre-holiday weight!
- Tell why or why not?
- Would you like a buddy for the last 6 weeks of the challenge...? Sure, that could be fun.
- Anybody wanna chat online sometime...? ?? maybe?
Monday, February 6, 2012
SCC Week Five Update
Spring Chick Challenge (SCC) Week Five Challenge Update:
1. Commit to a NSV (non scale victory) to be assessed at the start and the conclusion of the challenge. My size 14 jeans I currently wear will be loose and falling off! I will be wearing a size 12!!
2. Commit to a set of nutrition parameters and track via MyFitnessPal
o I will aim for 1200/day and adjust according to my exercise tracking via MyFitnessPal (add me as your friend—ambreee)
o I will drink at least 64 oz of water a day.
o For the month of January I am giving up sugary sweets!
3. Commit to a set of exercise parameters. These can be as loose or as flexible as you feel work for your personality, schedule, etc.
o I will exercise 4 times a week at least 45 minutes a session
4. Commit to blogging at least twice weekly and 1 of those times must be you check in with a complete up date on your progress. All other blogs could include new insights, results of weekly challenges, or just letting others know how you are doing.
5. Commit to support... both giving and receiving. Check others blogs and comment as you feel motivated to do.
Week 5’s Goals in addition to my goals above:
Take my vitamins every day this week!!!
WARNING…. I am crabby!
This week was a bust! Monday I got in a really great workout, which was nice but that is about the only good that occurred.
I was sick with the flu, my son is still recovering from his ear infection and still is waiting on two more teeth to poke through. My daughter was super crabby. My husband is sick as well. This morning he even woke up with pink eye. Arrghh.
I have been frustrated. I didn’t really address any of my goals. I was barely functioning a good part of the week.
I lost weight, but not because I ate well and exercised. I am sure it is because of dehydration from the loveliness of the flu. I am sure my weight is already climbing due to my period due any day now and I am super crabby. I am trying to put frustrations and illnesses behind me and working on stepping forward. I am still pretty low energy, so I am not sure when I will get in my next good workout, but I am hoping to be feeling well enough by this afternoon to be moving again.
So capping last week……
So onto week 6!
Mini-Challenge: All water all week. Modify as necessary. I think I can do this!