Monday, January 30, 2012

SCC Week Four

Spring Chick Challenge (SCC) Week Four Challenge Update:

1.       Commit to a NSV (non scale victory) to be assessed at the start and the conclusion of the challenge.   My size 14 jeans I currently wear will be loose and falling off!  I will be wearing a size 12!!
I did some measurements over the weekend to see how I have done over the month of January.  I lost an inch on my waist, belly and hips.  I was happy there was a decrease, I had a rough week and was a bit discouraged.  I have to look at the positive side of things and keep trekking along.  Over the month I lost a total of 5 lbs.  I am now finally to my pre-holiday weight.  So it took the month of January to work off the months of November and December!

2.       Commit to a set of nutrition parameters and track via MyFitnessPal
o        I will aim for 1200/day and adjust according to my exercise  tracking via MyFitnessPal (add me as your friend—ambreee)
o        I will drink at least 64 oz of water a day.
o        For the month of January I am giving up sugary sweets!
They say that it takes 21 days to form a habit.  I made it 22 days with out candy, cookies and sweet baked goodies.  And I can honestly say I have not formed a new habit.  It is going to take more than 21 days for me.  Last week I was weak!!  Really weak, I folded and gave into cookie dough and candy.  I had a little bit nearly every day.
Giving up goodies cold turkey isn’t the best solution for me.  I think I do better if I allow myself to have goodies here and there and just make sure I track it to stay with in my allotted calories.
I was a bit disappointed that I haven’t lost more with my efforts.

3.       Commit to a set of exercise parameters. These can be as loose or as flexible as you feel work for your personality, schedule, etc.
o        I will exercise 4 times a week at least 45 minutes a session
This week I got in 4 workouts.  They probably averaged 45 minutes, some were longer, some were shorter.  I had great aspirations to make it to the gym.  It didn’t happen.  Both my kids are sick.  Started with coughs, then came the fevers, ear infections and now they are slowly on the mend.  Still sick though, I was really hoping to make it to the gym today!!! I guess I will be doing an at home work out once again!
With my kids being sick, I have had a terrible time keeping up with my personal wants and goals.  I am also struggling to feel well and am fighting off the germies!  I look forward to not giving up and continuing to move forward!!! 
This week for my new exercise I created a playlist on youtube of a beginning zumba work out.  I hope you guys all checked it out!

4.       Commit to blogging at least twice weekly and 1 of those times must be you check in with a complete up date on your progress. All other blogs could include new insights, results of weekly challenges, or just letting others know how you are doing.
Check!

5.       Commit to support... both giving and receiving. Check others blogs and comment as you feel motivated to do. 
Check!

Week 5’s Goals in addition to my goals above:
No Caffeine!!
This won't be a problem for me.  I don’t drink coffee, tea or soda.  I guess I need to come up with a mini goal for me this week that will actually be a challenge. 
How about take my vitamins every day this week!!!
I hope you are all doing well!!  Keep your heads held high and February will be a great month.  I am looking forward to winter winding down and spring right around the corner.
Have a great week!!

3 comments:

  1. the vitamins are a good reminder, I haven't taken a daily vitamin in a couple months. I ran out and then just never bought more - I don't know why. Will do that this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah to be back at the prehospital weight!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG--- i almost busted out loud with laughter. I know 22 days without sweets would only make me want them more. SO i can totally relate. Congrats on the inches lost. I also wanna weigh myself but never quite get around to it. 45min workouts are awesome. I average about 30minutes... Here's to a great week.

    ReplyDelete