Sunday, January 15, 2012

SCC Week Two Update

Spring Chick Challenge (SCC) Week Two Challenge Update:

1.       Commit to a NSV (non scale victory) to be assessed at the start and the conclusion of the challenge.   My size 14 jeans I currently wear will be loose and falling off!  I will be wearing a size 12!!
Jeans are still feeling good.  Even with period bloat this week, they were not uncomfortable like they have been in weeks past.  I have lost a pound in the past week. Yeah!

2.       Commit to a set of nutrition parameters and track via MyFitnessPal
o        I will aim for 1200/day and adjust according to my exercise  tracking via MyFitnessPal (add me as your friend—ambreee)
o        I will drink at least 64 oz of water a day.
o        For the month of January I am giving up sugary sweets!
I am doing really well with tracking the first half of the day, then afternoon evening hits and I have a terrible time finishing my day.  My goal was to track 5 days and I didn’t track 5 compete days, but I am working at being better at this.  Today I completed my day and was only 1202 calories, so I was right on track with no exercise today!  I am doing good with water.  Some days a little low, some day a little more.
I am still steering clear of the baked goodies and sweets.  I have allowed myself to have some sugar free ice cream and sugar free pudding.  It is nothing like the real stuff.  I would much rather have a cookie, brownie or something baked.

3.       Commit to a set of exercise parameters. These can be as loose or as flexible as you feel work for your personality, schedule, etc.
o        I will exercise 4 times a week at least 45 minutes a session (more details to come)
I got in 5 workouts last week. And so we are on track there.  I was really sore, and really tired (due to TOM), but I kept on tracking.  I am looking forward to my first session with my old trainer on Tuesday.

4.       Commit to blogging at least twice weekly and 1 of those times must be you check in with a complete up date on your progress. All other blogs could include new insights, results of weekly challenges, or just letting others know how you are doing.  YES!!
Check!

5.       Commit to support... both giving and receiving. Check others blogs and comment as you feel motivated to do.  YES!!
Check!

I didn’t do so well at the mini challenge this week, I forgot about using my non-dominate hand to eat.  I did try it though and I learned I am pretty skilled with that hand too.  Bummer, I don’t know if it would slow me down!

Week 3’s Goals in addition to my goals above:
-No white flour this week.  I hope to make some whole wheat bread and other yummies (tortillas, maybe pitas).  I have got to re-train my brain and get off my husbands white bread!!
-Continue the no sweets.

Have an awesome week!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are doing SO well! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good week! Here's to another one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up. No white stuff- u go girl!! In the zone 7 doing it. i see another great week in the future for ya!!!

    ReplyDelete