Monday, January 9, 2012
SCC Week One Update
Spring Chick Challenge (SCC)
Week One Challenge Update:
1. Commit to a NSV (non scale victory) to be assessed at the start and the conclusion of the challenge. My size 14 jeans I currently wear will be loose and falling off! I will be wearing a size 12!!
I am currently wearing my size 14 jeans and I have to say, the holiday bloat is subsiding. Hoorah!! They fit much better today than they did even a week ago! Exciting! I tried on my 12’s today and took a picture. I have some serious work to do. I am happy to be moving, to get them back on my body!
2. Commit to a set of nutrition parameters and track via MyFitnessPal
o I will aim for 1200/day and adjust according to my exercise tracking via MyFitnessPal (add me as your friend—ambreee)
o I will drink at least 64 oz of water a day.
o For the month of January I am giving up sugary sweets!
I started out the week great at tracking, I choose not to the last couple of days. My goal this week is to track at least 5 days. I am doing great on the water. I am also doing good at giving up sugary sweets. I have had no baked goods or candy. For me, it is a huge success.
3. Commit to a set of exercise parameters. These can be as loose or as flexible as you feel work for your personality, schedule, etc.
o I will exercise 4 times a week at least 45 minutes a session (more details to come)
I got in 5 workouts last week. I went to the gym 4 times and got in a solid 45 minutes and made an attempt to workout at home while my kids were around and it was a feeble attempt to burn calories. My kids were all over me. Not the greatest workout, but I am moving along!
4. Commit to blogging at least twice weekly and 1 of those times must be you check in with a complete up date on your progress. All other blogs could include new insights, results of weekly challenges, or just letting others know how you are doing. YES!!
I have got in a few blog posts and for me that is a big improvement. Life gets the best of me sometimes and blogging gets put on the back burner.
5. Commit to support... both giving and receiving. Check others blogs and comment as you feel motivated to do. YES!!
I have commented on several blogs. I tried putting all of the challengers blogs on my sidebar, but I had technical difficulties and it never happened. I got frustrated after my third attempt. I have several other challengers in my google reader, and I will work on supporting my fellow challengers.
A great week one, let’s go ladies!! Keep it up!