Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Low Blood Sugar Handbook: Chapter One....tidbits

I thought I would post a little blurb from each chapter of my challenge book….

The Low Blood Sugar handbook:
Edward and Patrica Kimmel,
Chapter One—Could this be you?

The first chapter of this book goes over common symptoms of low blood sugar.  The list is lengthy. I will list my symptoms I deal with when I don’t take care of myself (through diet).  Unfortunately my list is lengthy too.  I think I had all but maybe 5 symptoms before my diagnosis of Hypoglycemia.  In doing my first research I found that the only way to treat blood sugar is through diet.  What!!! No magic pill!!  Bummer.

Take a look at this list, does it seem all too familiar?  Maybe you are a low blood sugar sufferer too.  I will continue to post information from my challenge book maybe you will find it helpful too.

Tiredness
Headaches
Drowsiness
Concentration problems
Irritability
Sleeping difficulties
Dizziness
Anxiety
Forgetfulness
Visual disturbances
Depression
Fainting/blackouts
Nightmares
Digestive problems
Aching eye sockets
Lack of sex drive
Indecisiveness
Heart palpitations
Internal trembling
Mental confusion
Antisocial behavior
Obesity
Restlessness
Back ache and muscle pain
Cold hands/feet
Nervousness
Exhaustion
Temper outbursts
Sensitivity to light
Sensitivity to sound
Allergies
Crying spells
Negative thoughts and attitudes
Feeling of going mad, insane
Staggering
Craving for sweets
Unnecessary or excessive worrying
Mood swings
Waking up tired and exhausted
Sighing and yawning
“motor mouth” constant talking

Phew….  That is it, I think.  Hang tight I will cover chapter two soon to give you a little more information about what hypoglycemia is and how it can be treated.


3 comments:

  1. My blood sugar drops immediately when I exercise...to below 60, if I eat any carbs. Funny thing is, you feel all of those symptoms all at one time!

    Once they told me I was diabetic and I upped the protein, no problems so far!

    Sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a long list. Looks like a great book. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That´s a long list of symptoms. I´m glad you are able to control them with diet. And hopefully the book will give you more tips.

    ReplyDelete