Saturday, December 31, 2011

Spring Chick Challenge Intro

I am in!  I have decided to join the spring chick challenge!  Here is my introduction and my focus points for the challenge.  I am pressed for time today so this will be brief.  I will give more details and pictures in future posts.

I am Amber (overcomingmysugaraddiction.blogspot.com) and I am a sugar lover (hence my blog name).  I am 33 years old and live in Boise, Idaho.  You can email me at (overcomingmysugaraddiction {at} gmail {dot} com)

Over the summer I did an online blogging challenge (Slimmer this Summer).  It was awesome for me to set specific goals and keep to a great plan.  I lost 12 pounds and felt great.  Since then I have been struggling with eating and getting consistent exercise.  In fact I know I have gained a bunch of weigh over the past week.  I have had a few holiday binges and it is time to get back into gear!  I am ready to see the scale and my pant size move the other direction!!

I may alter my goals a bit once I get more time to write a more details, but here is what I am committing to at this moment!

So here are the focus points for this challenge:
1.       Commit to a NSV (non scale victory) to be assessed at the start and the conclusion of the challenge.  
§         My size 14 jeans I currently wear will be loose and falling off!  I will be wearing a size 12!!
2.       Commit to a set of nutrition parameters and track via MyFitnessPal
o        I will aim for 1200/day and adjust according to my exercise  tracking via MyFitnessPal (add me as your friend—ambreee)
o        I will drink at least 64 oz of water a day.
o        For the month of January I am giving up sugary sweets!
3.       Commit to a set of exercise parameters. These can be as loose or as flexible as you feel work for your personality, schedule, etc.
o        I will exercise 4 times a week at least 45 minutes a session (more details to come)
4.       Commit to blogging at least twice weekly and 1 of those times must be you check in with a complete up date on your progress. All other blogs could include new insights, results of weekly challenges, or just letting others know how you are doing.  YES!!
5.       Commit to support... both giving and receiving. Check others blogs and comment as you feel motivated to do.  YES!!
I am ready to kick off this new year.  I am excited to get to know new bloggy friends and to keep moving!!

7 comments:

  1. Those are some awesome goals, I look forward to seeing your updates! Best wishes xx

    - Desperate Student

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic goals, especially going without sweets through January! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you're in a challenge, lady and you're getting back in motion! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will take those 14s soon... :-) Great goals.. Added u on My FItness Pal. Ready to rock out this challenge.... Go us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to doing the challenge with you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your goals. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Size 12 is the lowest size goal I've seen posted.... you're going to be one sexy mama! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete