Monday, February 20, 2012
SCC Week Seven Update
Spring Chick Challenge (SCC) Week Seven Challenge Update:
1. Commit to a NSV (non scale victory) to be assessed at the start and the conclusion of the challenge. My size 14 jeans I currently wear will be loose and falling off! I will be wearing a size 12!!
I feel like I am getting no where, but I am determined to keep moving along and attempting to move forward. I did however have a NSV, My 14’s I wear most often are loose, and due to my body shape they fall off my rear when they are worn below my belly. But due to the size of my belly right now they won’t stay on top of my tummy at all. I really have needed to find a belt. Last time I tried on my belts from my closet (which I have not been able to wear since having kids) I was disappointed that I couldn’t wear them. Me and my stubbornness refused to go out and buy a larger size.
Valentines I was going out on a date with the hubster and I decided to try on one of my belts. I was able to wear it at the largest size. It was a little tight, but it kept my pants in place while we were dancing. I tried on a second belt and it fits even better! So I am happy for this small step of progress! It has helped lift my spirits a bit.
2. Commit to a set of nutrition parameters and track via MyFitnessPal
o I will aim for 1200/day and adjust according to my exercise tracking via MyFitnessPal (add me as your friend—ambreee)
o I will drink at least 64 oz of water a day.
Eating this week was not so great. I didn’t track as often as I should have and I ate way too many goodies. Today I am back on track with logging my food. I did great on water. I figure if it is one small thing I can do for myself, I can chug my water!
3. Commit to a set of exercise parameters. These can be as loose or as flexible as you feel work for your personality, schedule, etc.
o I will exercise 4 times a week at least 45 minutes a session
My moodiness is improving, and this morning I was able to go the gym while my husband stayed home with the kids. It was nice to get in a solid work out with cardio and weights.
4. Commit to blogging at least twice weekly and 1 of those times must be you check in with a complete up date on your progress. All other blogs could include new insights, results of weekly challenges, or just letting others know how you are doing.
5. Commit to support... both giving and receiving. Check others blogs and comment as you feel motivated to do.
Week 7 Review
· How was the 7th week...? Over all, week 7, was well… ho hum…. But I am slipping out of my slump, so that is good news.
· Did you remain sweets free...? No! I thought this weeks challenge was to eat with smaller plates and utincels??? I normally eat on small plates, I didn’t change this up, but could have ate on my kids plates.
· How were your workouts? The ones that I actually got in were great! Would have loved to work out more though!
· How was your water consumption? Great
· What do you think of the mini challenges? They are good to have. Thanks!
· What did you do for yourself that was fun? Dancing on Valentines Day with the hubs!!I
I finally got around to changing my profile picture!! Yeah for changing out my half- grin photo. I hope you all have a great week. I can already tell this week is going to be much better than the previous three!!!